3/11/11

Evening hike

The boys were out for a walk in the woods when I got home from work today, so I tagged along with my camera. The melting snow is uncovering a whole lot of mess in our little piece of forest. Branches and trees are down everywhere. Dead trees need to be cut down. Paths need to be cleared. We have our work cut out for us, but we have a very willing little helper. Stick by stick, he's cleaning up the place. And that melting snow is uncovering bits of green here and there, too! Spring is on it's way!
Evening hike
Evening hike
Evening hike
Evening hike

2 comments:

Barb Bredel said...

I love the green bits. Spring is really on it's way!

terri jerry bear said...

You have chimney logs!!! Fantastic score. Do not, I repeat, do not chop those hollow logs into fire wood. But leave them whole and place with the hole up and down on a campfire full of coals. You will love it, I swear. Enjoy.