10/7/09

Done! Sort of...

All that creative energy from a few weeks ago finally got Walter a new hat. Of course, when I went to search my yarn stash, I was instantly distracted by a work-in-progress – a sweater for Walter. I put a little more work into it, but it's still unfinished. Nate thinks the colors are too girly, so I may change them up a bit and give it another shot. I'm going to have to make a bigger size by the time I get back around to that one. Anyway, I eventually made the hat I intended to knit:
Hat - version 1

It's cute, but I think that about everything I put on Walter. I'm not really happy with it. It was sloppily knit. I can spot my mistakes from across the room. And it's a bit too big, the stripe a bit too high. So I'm going to do it again, and do it better. Besides, what else am I going to do while Nate is watching all those football games?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks nice and warm though.

Grandpa Martens

Nate said...

I think it kind of looks like an old football helmet.

Justine said...

I love the hat!! I didn't know you knew how to knit. Would you teach me?

Anonymous said...

it looks better than the hat we put on him here to go to the park doesn't it Nathan?

Nate said...

Yes, better than the pink fluffy hat.

Walter's mom said...

I'm halfway done with the second hat already. Photos by the end of the weekend, I hope.

Justine, I'll gladly share the book I learned from with you!