7/28/09

The orange pot

I got a compliment today on the orange enameled cast iron dutch oven I've been cooking with, seen here and here. It's one of my favorite things to cook with. It belonged to Nate's great aunt, "Auntie" to most of us. She was a great cook, a world traveler, a collector of unusual items – she always had lots of stories about her latest adventures. She passed away a few years ago, and I think of her every time I use that pot. I did a little looking to see if I could find out more about it, but I'm not finding much on the internet. The markings on the bottom of the pot are the number "22" and the initials "ac." Anyone have any ideas? 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Orange Tree Imports was one of her favorite places to buy good cooking things so I might give them a call or go exploring there. From cookie sheets to gadgets she did a lot of even gift shopping there. I know I have some things she got for me.
Sharon

Kelli said...

I admired your pot too. I thought it was one from the Le Creuset family? http://www.lecreuset.com

I could be wrong but I think the lid's characteristics might hold a clue?