10/26/11

Weekend away

My sister and I had both been needing a little break, so we broke away to Denver for a long, kid-free, work-free weekend. It was the perfect destination. Great weather, great scenery, great food, and our cousin Sara - a great tour guide! We shopped and ate and visited with old friends. We carried our knitting along to keep us busy on the flights. I even managed to stick with my training and fit in a 13 mile run. I didn't want to lug my big camera along, so I just have a few iPhone photos to share.
Denver 2011
Airplane knitting.
Denver 2011
We got attacked by zombies! The annual Zombie Crawl took place during our visit. Luckily we got out with our brains intact.
Denver 2011
Sara and Kristin in the Stanley Hotel. We were trying to capture a ghost on camera. No such luck.
Denver 2011
The beautiful view from the Stanley.
This was exactly the getaway we needed. In fact, we think we might need to go back on a regular basis.

No comments: