9/7/11

Preschool!

It seems like every kid I know has started school in the last week. Today, it was finally Walter's turn! He put on his backpack and let me take one, just one, photo before climbing into the car. Let's go! Let's go! We met Gramma, Grampa, and his classmate and cousin, Ginny, in the parking lot at school. It was good to have a familiar friend on the first day. It made it all even more exciting. The drop-off was a breeze. No tears, from him or me. :)
First day of preschool
First day of preschool
First day of preschool
First day of preschool
I'm told he had a job as the snack helper today and he brought home his drawing of a bear camel horse. He wasn't quite sure, but he's very proud of it. First day = success!

3 comments:

Colleen / Inspired to Share said...

Oh, this is all so good to hear! He's such a champ : )

Gramma said...

Jim wants to know when the enthusisam ends and I said I hope never. I am off to quilt expo today and am excited to learn new things and meet new people. I think Walter did good and so did his Mom and Dad! Didn't you want to stay and watch them to see what they would do next and next... and next!?? I did. But we let them know we trust the world and let them go. Or maybe it is that we trust we have prepared them for them the world. In any event Good Job!

Barb Bredel said...

WOW! All of my grandchildren are now in school and pre-school. They are so grown up and doing so well. Time flies...I must remember not to blink!