1/20/09

An American celebration

Normally, I am not one to get caught up in politics, but today was an exception. Today, every employee of ETC was invited to take a break from work to watch the inauguration of President Obama. A large screen was set up in Town Square (our lobby) and TVs were placed in break rooms throughout the building. They made the event even more American by serving apple pie. Our company got lots of press coverage including an article in the Wisconsin State Journal, and two local news crews stopped by to film and interview employees. And this photo was posted on the New York Times' web site. 

I was happy to see that I was not the only one dabbing at my eyes during the broadcast. It's not just my crazy postpartum hormones this time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walter was at our house and watched part of it too but he is too interested in walking right now to do much else. I was glad he was a part of the history too. Don't we do all of the politics for the children???? Gramma