1/9/10

Sock block

My Grandma Martens was a knitter, and I can remember her knitting one sock, or one mitten, or one baby bootie, and then losing interest and never knitting their mates. So when I finished knitting one sock and then lost interest in the project, I figured it must be hereditary. But the more people I told about my one sock, the more people started confessing! It seems there are many, many knitters and crocheters out there that have made lonely socks, never to meet their matches. Why didn't someone tell me about this phenomenon before I put all that effort into a sock?

I resolved this year to finish up all my unfinished projects, so I couldn't just leave that sock alone. And there was no way I was going to knit it's mate. My solution – a sock puppet:
Sock Puppet
Meet our new friend, um... ok, he doesn't have a name yet. Any suggestions?
Walter loves it and even wanted to try it out himself. A finished project and a happy kid – success!
Puppeteer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

might as well call him Phil (Phyl)